My dad was the first person to introduce white water rafting to Turkey. He started off running rivers by trying to join car tires together, he then ordered his first raft from China. Once he knew how to use them, he turned them into a commercial trips, which quickly gained traction. So much so that people who saw his success started copying him. Before the river was dammed, there were tens of other companies trying to offer the same service on the same river.
This happened in the other areas he worked in too. Sea kayaking, hiking, canyonning, mountain biking... There was always someone who offered a cheaper deal. However, people still kept choosing my parent's company over theirs.
I watched him become the leading outdoor specialist in Turkey. Mentor younger guides. Have clients come back requesting him especially as the guide.
I always was inspired, but I never knew exactly what it was about him.
Last time I was in Turkey I found out what his WHY was.
"To help people connect to nature so that they can have mentally and physically healthy lives without having to resort to the artificial alternatives"
So he always would make the BEST meals on his trips, provide the BEST entertainment and have meaningful connections because of his WHY. Something none of the other companies had. People believed in his WHY, so were attracted to him over the companies who lacked one.
This is what happens when a sense of WHY or purpose is lost:
- Loss of passion
- Unclear direction
- Lack of energy
- Lack of dreams
- No way of measuring success apart from money. So the sense of fulfillment wavering in direct correlation with money.
With a sense clear sense of WHY comes:
- Loyalty from customers and employees
- Longevity of your work
- A filter to see if opportunities, people, and staff are a right fit
- Natural energy, motivation and focus
- A way of measuring if you're on the right track that is separate to income: making a meaningful difference
- The more you give the more you receive. An increased impact means increased fulfillment and increased growth
With an articulated sense of WHY:
- People can continue the legacy you left, it doesn't stop when you stop
- Allows more and more people to believe in what you're doing and join the movement
Is this the kind of life that you would love to create for yourself?
Aligned with your WHY, fulfilled and making an impact?
If YES, lets have a chat where we get to the core of exactly where you're getting stuck and the steps you need to take to go forward. It is totally free and will likely be the most valuable 45 mins you will have spent time on this year.
I don't know about you but I believe in a world where we live in-line with our true AUTHENTIC self .
To me that means reaching my fullest potential, being deeply fulfilled and creating a meaningful difference in the world.
Business and money only amplify who we already are and what we stand for.
If you're confused about your why, about what you stand for and your purpose - then confusion and vagueness is amplified in your life and business.
This leads to surface level interactions, fluctuating and unpredictable levels of focus, energy and motivation, lack of dreams, sense of repetitiveness...
Sound familiar? Then I have a question for you...
Is this what you want to spend your life amplifying?
Because deep down, you have a lion(es) in there that knows you're made for something more, that you're able to make a masterpiece out of your life and be deeply fulfilled.
When it roars, that's when authenticity starts flowing naturally.
When it roars people listen, not because it's loud but because they believe in it.👂
The 5 steps that allow your lion to roar unapologetically are as follows:
1) Release your lion(es) from the cage of fear, doubt and comfort it's been living in. Healing and breaking through
2) Let it explore with curiosity and bravery the sound of its own roar. Who is this lion(es) and what does it stand for?
This isn't the step you find out WHAT you want to do but, WHY you are doing it. Getting crystal clear on your why, your core values and your gifts... because this is what you will be amplifying when you roar!
3) Dream a vision. A vision that amplifies your WHY. One that pulls you forward every day and you know HOW your roar is going to make a difference in the world
4) Reverse engineer WHAT needs to happen for the vision to become reality today, next month, next year and further
5) Take action, receive feedback, adjust course and take action again
I followed these steps in my own journey and they're the exact same steps my clients go through in my 8 week Roar Authentically program.
I got a message from Ed just yesterday, who has been in my Roar Authentically program for 5 weeks now;
"Everything is aligning perfectly. One of my best periods of my life here (so far)!"
Seeing this honestly lights me up!
If this is the type of message you would love to write too and if authenticity, fulfillment, energy, focus, motivation and impact sound like the things you want to amplify in your life and business, let's have a chat!
In the call we will identify exactly where you're stuck and create a customised game plan for you to move forward. If we're a good fit, I will invite you to work with me, but even if not it will be packed with value and give you some newfound clarity!
Alara believes that the path to a fulfilled life is to make a unique meaningful impact in the world. So she now helps business owners and is an NLP practitioner, a yoga teacher and a Contemporary Rites of Passage facilitator. She helps entrepreneurs align their life and business with their purpose in 8 weeks.