1. Eating when hungry, listening to cravings, clean eating
2. Exercise of some form that I enjoy. Like dance, yoga, gymnastics, kayaking, SUP. cycling, swimming or something totally new!
3. Getting outside
4. Breathing deeply
5. Bedtime routine of stretching, breathing, meditating, snuggling into bed, smiling and wishing the whole world good night
6. Tidying my room
7. De-hairing myself ;)
8. Oiling my skin and hair while giving my self a good old massage
9. Supporting others
10. Giving myself compliments and thinking loving thoughts. Any inner critic comments will be acknowledged and kindly shown to the door.
11. Going to bed early
12. Reading a book
13. Talking to loved ones, connecting with friends, finding a new thing to love about someone
14. Talking to strangers and reaching out to people I get a buzz from or whom I resonate with
15. Researching about my dream life
16. Writing down all my thoughts and feelings freely
17. Being honest and open to other people
18. Laughing and giving a hug
19. Playing with kids
20. Imagining smells that remind me of comforting thoughts and memories
21. Having open and in-depth conversations
22. Being open about my weaknesses (vulnerable!) and owning them
23. Being cheeky ;)
24. Empathising with peoples pain even (especially if) they annoy me
25. Speaking up
I'm sitting in my room after a long day of productivity. I mean, don't get me wrong I didn't get any uni work done (Shh, I have a presentation tomorrow!), but I did some yoga in the morning, ate some of my homemade coconut brownie balls for breakfast, got a bit creative by making a head accessory, cycled up to campus in the sun, finished my application for the Geoadventures society me and 3 other friends are setting up, met up for coffee with Sam - my lecturer about good places around Cornwall to run the Geoadventure trips (there are so many!), whizzed back down to Falmouth on my bike and had a coffee and a cake with my smashing dance friends at Expressini - a coffee shop I've wanted to try since my firs day in Falmouth. I have just arrived home, made dinner and sat down to do some presentation work. But I just can't start without writing this. Or else, I will explode!
That buzz you get when you're doing something that really resonates with what you want to be doing at that moment in time..
Its such a satisfying feeling. It makes me feel so full. I literally feel there's a little ball vibrating in my chest giving me a buzz. I think it's the child me, jumping around in there - being Alara, saying 'Wahoo! You've noticed mee. Lets go play!'
And if I focus on the buzz, it contages (sorry! couldn't find a verb for contagious) to my throat and eyes and mouth. And I can't help but smile. If I'm walking, a little hop might pop in there. Or a spin.
It I'm listening to music, I might just have to get up and dance.
Ahh, this feeling. It so beautiful. It's so pleasurable. It's like falling in love!
Work, when in alignment with what you're designed to be doing is just so NOT work. At this moment, I don't even know why the concept of work is a thing. I'm just living.
Not being a bum, not being unproductive nor being a workaholic, - just living.
And I have so much respect for everyone else who is doing what they feel driven to do. My friend Zoe, she's so on it with applying to geology jobs. She gets up early to finish coursework in advance. She makes colourful notes. She goes the extra mile to network.
And looking at her just makes me feel happy. Because doing that is so natural for her.
The more I appreciate this way of living, the more people I notice that have this way of living, the more people I love.
Every night before I go to bed, I take a deep breath in and snuggle into my sheets. Smiling, I wish the world good night. Sometimes I tell them to wait for me! Coz I just feel like I'm about to get out there and add so much value to it!
Wait for me World! I'm coming, I'm on ma way!!!
Alara believes that the path to a fulfilled life is to make a unique meaningful impact in the world. So she now helps business owners and is an NLP practitioner, a yoga teacher and a Contemporary Rites of Passage facilitator. She helps entrepreneurs align their life and business with their purpose in 8 weeks.